How many of us actually care for the foot as we care for our face or rest of the body. Well very few of us do. Foot care is actually an essential part of our health and well being in the long run.
Foot care is important because it is that one part of the body that handles much of pressure. We put our entire weight over our feet. How much we care about it ?
Apart from the looks of the feet, there is much more to take care.
Proper Foot wear :
This is the most important part of foot care. Many of us take for granted at this steps.
Wearing heels, or improper fit shoes and slippers can cause a huge damage.
In simple words, improper foot wear results in improper walking/standing which in turn affects the posture and in turn affects your spine,hips and shoulders. Which in your later stages can cause chronic pains.
Due to inevitable cases or for the sense of fashion or occasion we may choose to wear bad foot wears. It is in our hands to take care of it.
- Do a regular massage before going to bed.
Just before you wind down, press and massage your feet a little to loosen the tights and any clots from the full days wear and tear.
- Take care of the cracks
While most of us try to hide foot cracks, it is also important to find the root cause and cure it. Foot cracks can be very dangerous and it will be the main reason for foot pain.
- Nails should also be taken proper care. Once in a while let your nails breath. Don’t wear any nail polish
- Trim your foot nails, in case of ingrown nails don’t over do it.
Simple pedicure at home :
Things needed :
- A bucket of warm water.
- Foot soak ( you can use your favorite shampoo along with a detol/savlon)
- A Foot file/scrubber
- Nail buffer
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton, cuticle sticks
- Nail Paints (optional)
- Remove the nail paints if any from your toes.
- Soak the feet in warm water containing a foot soak/shampoo. (This step ensures to remove dirt and impurities from feet and toes nails) It will also make the nails soft.
- Using the cuticle remover or sticks remove the dirt. Push the cuticle inside.
- If required shape or cut the nails.
- Buff the nails for removing the dead cells
- Using a scrubber or pumice stone remove the dead cells from your feet.
- Clean your feet in the remaining water
- Apply foot cream or any moisture.
- If interested paint your nails with your favourite colour
Wearing socks to bed after applying a foot cream can lock the moisture.
Applying coconut oil to feet and nails help them to stay fresh and natural
Using nailpolish remover which are free from alcohol will not dry your nails or damage the cuticles.
Wearing a top coat before applying highly pigmented nail polish can prevent the nails from damage.
Don’t overdo the shaping or trimming of the nails.
Our feet is the place where all the nerves end. That is why we feel relaxed and renovated while having a foot spa or foot massage. It is important to take care of it.
Like our post, then please do share across.
Care to support coffeetabletalks, you can shop in our affiliate links