Skin covers your entire body, how many of us actually do know about our own skin types. Understanding the type of skin is the essential tip for the right skincare.
Feels slightly greasy or slick to the touch, with larger pores. It is usually more prone to blackheads and whiteheads.
Look for products that are ultralight and oil-free, and exfoliating items that will remove oil and dirt.
Often feels tight and itchy and is more prone to irritations.
Look for products that contain hydrating ingredients like Aloe, Urea and Allantoin, and pay special attention to moisturizers.
Easily irritated by skincare or shaving products or extreme weather conditions.
Look for products that do not contain dyes, fragrances or irritants and are specially formulated for sensitive skin.
If haven’t had any reoccurring skin problems such as shininess, acne or irritated skin, you probably have normal skin.
Most of the skincare are applicable for this type of skin.
Most men fall into this category, having dry patches and oily patches on their face at the same time (oily patches often fall in the “T-Zone”: your forehead and down your nose to your chin).
Look for products that gently clean skin without harsh abrasives and moisturizers that are ultralight.
Can partner with oily skin, but is also a factor with people with dry skin. This type tends to breakout frequently with pimples, blackheads or whiteheads.
Look for products that are noncomedgenic (not pore-clogging) and contain ingredients like benzoyl peroxide.
check out my pimplestory.
Pointers for getting the right care for your skin.
- Although it’s often a difficult task, don’t be fooled by fancy packaging or high prices; concentrate on natural ingredients and products that don’t contain dyes or irritants.
- Items can get pricey, but the most expensive product is not always the best one. Likewise, don’t sell yourself short with products offered at bottom prices.
- Always read labels to find out how a product should be used, how much should be used and how frequently.
- Once you’ve decided on your core products and established a regular skincare routine, think about including items that target other specific problems as well.
- Keep in mind thought that most products need at the very least a week to begin working, so don’t be too quick to switch products if you’re not getting results right away.
Taking care of your skin is a long-term investment and the sooner you begin the better.You are the best judge for what makes your skin feel good and look great.
If all else fails and you are still completely in the dark, try consulting a cosmetologist for expert advice.
This is a guest post by Atmantan Wellness Centre. It is located in the crystalline land of Mulshi in the lap of the lush green Sahyadri Mountains, Atmantan is an integrated wellness destination spa and is one of India’s most luxurious, at that.
This article is shared by Dr.Manoj Kutteri, Wellness Director, Atmantan Wellness Centre, who has two decades of experience in the wellness industry in India and abroad, Doctorate in Health Sciences from the United States and carries extensive knowledge in the mind-body medicine, along with a forte in Naturopathy, Ayurveda, Nutrition, Acupuncture, Yoga & Physical culture and Psychology.
This is a guest post. Interested in sharing your articles with us, drop us a mail